Sunday, April 20, 2008

Trip to Seattle

Here are a few pictures from our recent trip to Seattle. The night before, as I was trying to figure out what we were going to eat and do for 8 hours on the train, I was wondering why I thought this was such a great idea. But, it turned out to be so much fun, I'd do it again in a minute. A big part of the fun was having two traincarloads of homeschooling friends along with us, of course! We didn't actually know everyone, but we knew about 1/4 to 1/3 to start out and quite a few more by the time we were home. 

Here is a picture of my husband when he was 6 years old. Oops, I mean, here is a picture of 6-year-old M!

We went to the EMP with Auntie S and cousin M, and ran into some friends on the way to the catch the bus back to the train station. This is the back of the EMP building, if it can be considered to have a back. It was a really amazing building, and it was so much fun to play the instruments they had set up on the third floor. It would have been cool to have other instruments to try besides the ones in rock bands, like strings and brass and wind instruments, though I can see that these would be a lot harder to do, logistically and hygienically. 

Having fun with friends on the way up. It was a long ride, but it was amazing how little whining and fighting I heard. A little between siblings, but that was it. It was funny to walk from the other train cars, where it was almost silent, into the noise and chaos of our cars. But it was a happy and manageable chaos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'd make the trip again in a heartbeat, too! Next time I'd like to hit EMP or taste my way through Pike Place Market. Fun to see all of the trip photos and E is especially happy she made it into one of them :-).

Catherine