Sunday, April 20, 2008

Good Luck Day


Today was one of those days when luck was on our side. First, I was late to pick up M from his Sunday school class because I was helping in A's class, and M got scared and thought we had forgotten him and started to cry. Fortunately, his teachers are the parents of a girl in A's class and they knew where I was, and delivered him to me, pale-faced and teary and very relieved to see me. 

Second, we bought some clothes for the kids after church and I left the bag of new clothes in the mall food court and didn't discover it until we came home (after a stop at OMSI). I rushed back, with no hope of finding it, to discover that some good soul had turned my bag into the lost-and-found. I'm sure the person who turned it in isn't going to read this blog, but if any of you reading this has ever turned something in to lost and found, let me thank you on behalf of everyone who has even benefitted from such kindness!! It was a huge relief to discover that I hadn't just throw the money away that I spent on those clothes. 

Finally, A tried out a new cake recipe for a vanilla cake with chocolate cream cheese icing (thanks for tip, Mariko!) and despite substituting just about every ingredient in some way except for the eggs and cream cheese, it turned out really delicious. As we were eating the cake before bed tonight, A noted that this was one of those days when everything turned out OK, even when you though it wasn't going to.

No comments: