Monday, March 24, 2008

Music for the Soul

A is getting to where she can play chords on the piano to go with fiddle tunes! If they print the chords, and the chords don't change super fast, she can come up with a piano part while I play the tunes on either violin (fun but not so beautiful) or cello (sounds way better, but just not a fiddle). And M can keep a good beat with his drum. 

My chamber music playing has really dropped off, to about once every month or two, and on the one hand I really miss it, but I also kind of don't. I don't miss the time it takes out of my week, that is. When I'm playing, I wish I could do it every day, but then when it comes to actually scheduling something, I seem to put if off. I keep telling myself that when the kids get older and I have lots of time, I'm going to devote myself to playing chamber music. In the meantime, there is so much fun to be had with fiddle tunes and folk songs and just simple fun stuff. 

So this is my latest resolution--to pull out all our different instruments and try to get my husband and kids to play with me. It is just so much fun. We've got a lot of instruments sitting around this house, we need to put them to more use!

No comments: