Monday, September 1, 2008

Peer Pressure?

I think of myself as someone who is more-or-less immune from peer pressure when it comes to fads and fashion, but maybe I'm not so immune after all, as evidence by two recent purchases. Did I really need to spend $20 to get a water bottle that won't leach scary chemicals into my water? It is kind of alarming how easily I can justify spending $200 on an iPod (It will help me run farther! I'll be able to use my exercise and commute time so productively! We'll be able to download all sorts of great educational material from iTunes U to listen to in the car!) I got a little extra money because of this extra job I did this summer, and the idea was to put it toward paying off the loan for re-doing our bathroom, but it seems to burning a hole in my pocket...

2 comments:

Ali said...

Oh, no! Now I'm gonna be last one in our crowd to get one of those water bottles! Aaaaaaah! I'll be ostracized!

(Still don't have my own mp3 player but I had a hint that I might be getting one for my birthday).

ElizO said...

Be strong! When we're all flaunting our fancy water bottles you can smugly pull out your $20 bill you didn't spend on one!