Friday, July 11, 2008

The One Who Hears the Flushes

A: sthva; ;asdljv sdjerkcvpdm  cocamv'pfl (i.e., something in a made up language that I cannot reproduce)
M: I know you just peed.
A: dfjkwe cerm d;fej vfoame vcal;m  (ditto)
M: Do not lie to the one who hears the flushes!

We had a relaxed, kicking around the neighborhood kind of day today. After we went to the library we walked over to our neighborhood locally-owned barber shop to see if they could cut my and M's hair. The first spot with two simultaneous openings was in 2-1/2 hours, so we just hung around and killed time going out to lunch, going to Tuesday Morning to finally buy a table cloth so I don't have to put sheets over table-like objects when we have people over to eat anymore (yay!), etc. M got his hair cut by an older ex-military man who gave him the "Air Force officer's" cut. Looks snazzy! And it will be so much easier to side-breathe at swimming lessons.

Tomorrow A has her 5th grade testing (we only have to test for grades 3, 5, 8, and 10 here) and she is beside herself with excitement. I guess you get excited about tests like this when you don't have to take them all that often. She did really well on all of her 3rd grade test except for the mechanics of writing (i.e., spelling and grammar), and I won't be surprised if she again comes out low on the mechanics of writing. We've actually been working on grammar and spelling quite a bit, but the sad fact is that I fear she inherited my bad spelling gene. If it wasn't for spellcheck, I'd be in big trouble. In fact, half the time I don't even actually see the difference between my spelling of a word and the version spell check is suggesting, but after I click on "replace" the little dotted red line underneath the word disappears, so apparently some changed has occurred.

No comments: