Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Free to Good Home

This sweet kitty showed up at my neighbor's house crying and crying for someone to let her in. We finally let her in, and she has not so much as sniffed at the open door since we did. She has no desire to go anywhere. She is a funny kitty. We took her to the vet and found out that she is about 7 months old and in good health but with no chip and hasn't been spayed. She was the mellowest cat I have ever seen going to the vet. She walked right into the carrier and just sat and looked out the door the whole time. She fought hard when the vet gave her shots and looked in her ears and stuff, but until then she was completely unfazed by the whose experience.

Something seemed a little off about her, but we couldn't put our finger on it at first. She was healthy, yet she seemed unusually mellow for a 7-month old. Also, she would get scared and cry when there weren't any people around, but she didn't really want to be petted. She was smart enough to figure out where the food and litter box where and to catch on to the cat treat routine, but would cry and cry when she was out in the little room where we keep the cat food and couldn't seem to figure out how to get out of there. Well, if turns out that she is deaf. I clapped loudly a few feet away from her and she didn't flinch. 

I've been checking Craigslist and looking at posters on telephone poles to see if anyone is looking for her, but if no one turns up I think we're going to try to find a home for her,  since our other cat is totally freaked out about having another cat in the house. So, let me know if you're interested in taking a very sweet, deaf cat. She'll be hard to say goodbye to, though, I'm getting pretty attached...

4 comments:

Magpie Ima said...

What a cutie. Unfortunately, in a very similar turn of event, we just acquired cat #4. Much as I'd love to, I just can't take in anymore stray cats. Darn it.

Ali said...

Do not tell my children.

I repeat:
Do
Not
Tell
My
Children.

Magpie Ima said...

So...did she find a home or is she yours now?

ElizO said...

She's still with us, I'm afraid. I've had a "Found Cat" post on craigslist for close to a week and no distressed owner has turned up. I'm not quite ready to say she's our cat, but I may be there soon.