Saturday, June 7, 2008

Work, work, work

I was offered a chance to do a little moonlighting this summer, for really good pay, and after going back and forth about whether I really wanted to, last Thursday I committed to doing the job.  I'm really, really hoping that this is going to be a 2-3 month job, no more than 50-60 hours total, and at the end I'll be able to make a big dent in paying off the loan we got to refinish the bathroom and help pay for our new (used) car. I really hate being in debt, and with the price of groceries and gas and everything else going up, it is a good time for some extra cash to fall in my lap. Nevertheless, I'm moping around and feeling sorry for myself, and it will be hard for me to rest easy until I'm mostly done with the job. 

When I was on the phone with the person hiring me I tried hard to sound enthusiastic, but I can't help feeling a little sick to my stomach at the thought of spending more hours at work. All the people involved in the project seem like they will be great to work with, and I don't think the project will be all that difficult, and like I said, I really want to pay down that loan. I'm glad I'm not unemployed, and I'm glad I don't have a job where I normally have to work more than 32 hours in a week. But mostly, I'll be really glad when this extra job is behind me.

No comments: