Monday, January 14, 2008

So capable!

Here is what M has been doing for the past few weeks:

It doesn't look like all that many in this picture, but there are at least a couple hundred. Plus, about 30-40 more around his bed. I'm so impressed with how he can follow instructions and figure out how to make these. Sometimes they are too complicated and he needs help, but he's done the vast majority by himself. He got two airplane-a-day calendars for Christmas, and he is through about March on one and even farther along in the other. Plus, he has a book with several copies of a bunch of different designs, and I think he's done at least one copy of each design, and several copies of some of the easier ones. I also printed out a bunch of instructions off the internet a couple of years ago and had them sitting around in a folder, and that is how he built most of the planes on regular white paper.

A has been most productive also, reading about chicken care and drawing chicken coop plans, plus she made me a cake for my birthday yesterday. Darn, I can't seem to upload a picture of the cake. I'm also impressed at how grown up she is these days--reading chicken books from the adult section of the library, and actually reading them (not just flipping through and looking at the pictures), and finding the cake recipe and whipping it up while my husband and I were out on a date. I assume Grandma helped get it into and out of the oven, but I bet she did most of the work herself, since she does bake a lot (as might tight waistband can attest). 

I'm going to stop here because my connection seems to be acting funny and I'm afraid I'll lose this, so I don't want to write any more just to have it disappear.

No comments: