Friday, December 14, 2007

Charlie Pie

Sometime when people find out that we homeschool they assume that we are a really smart family. Then then get that deer-in-the-headlights look from all three of us over some stupid question like "How many years ago was 2002?". M is stumped by the math, A thinks it is some kind of trick question, and I can't figure out what year it is now. I try to console myself in these moments with all the wonderful, stimulating, enriching activities we do at home. Then a person may ask, a little doubtfully, "What DO you do all day?". I ask the kids this question myself over dinner on my work days and am just as likely to get the deer-in-the-headlights look as the stranger quizzing us on higher math. It turns out they spend a lot of time, like probably a couple of hours a day, playing "Charlie Pie and Smoochie Poo". M plays Charlie Pie and A orchestrates all the other characters, as far as I can tell. Here's a taste of Charlie Pie:



OK, now I'll just sit back and wait for the college offers to come rolling in...


No comments: