Thursday, October 22, 2009

St. John's Art Walk

We went on a wonderful walking tour of window art in St. John's this week. There were probably 30 or so shops that had displays by artists who live in or around St. Johns. I don't think I've ever walked around that neighborhood, and it was lovely. We met several of the business owners along the way, including a 91 year old barber who opened his barber shop in the 1940s. The first ten years were a couple of doors down from the current location. Unfortunately most of the pictures have a lot of glare so you can't see the art all that well, but here is one of my favorites which you can see fairly well.
Notice the little guys at the bottom fencing? It was the window of a fencing studio.

I actually didn't see this one, but I wish I had. Very cool!

There are guided tours of the show this weekend, and then the art is coming down Sunday or soon thereafter. I definitely recommend it.

No comments: