Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Christmas Vacation

I was sick sick sick for about a week and a half around Christmas. M had a stomach bug for two days and then was perfectly fine. On day 3 of my malady I assumed I was over it (I was feeling quite a bit better) so I went out in the snow and finished my Christmas shopping. This was imperative because if I hadn't, M would literally have not had any gifts from D and I. I was pretty tired, but the bus/train schedule worked so perfectly, I hardly had to walk or stand around at all. EXCEPT, I had to wait for about 40 minutes for the last bus taking me the 2 miles from the train to home, and then it took a snow route that ended up letting me off a mile from home. Freezing, exhausted, and carrying a heavy backpack through the snow. Needless to say, it was downhill from there and I didn't really get up again for a week.
Fortunately, the kids took over and did almost all of the Christmas baking/cookie making/cookie decorating. Thanks, guys!! Here are some Peppermint Patty action shots (prior to getting the chocolate coating):

I did manage to get a few cool shots of the snow, though. See if you can find the strands of spider web in this one.

No comments: