Sunday, February 24, 2008

I knew this would happen

Just as I predicted--I had about a month's worth of blog material, and now I've petered out. Actually, I just can't seem to stay up after the kids go to bed. As a lifelong insomniac, when I'm sleeping well, I take full advantage.

I think the stars must be aligned, things are going along so smoothly. My husband hasn't had much work and we've actually had a lovely week of making dinners together, something we used to really enjoy doing. He usually works evenings, so it is usually me and the kids for dinner, and we eat a LOT of baked potatoes or quesadillas or quiche with smoothies. Grandma O came over for dinner last night and it was such a pleasure to have a yummy but simple meal with all four of us and my always enjoyable mother-in-law. 

Other pluses: the weather has been beautiful, the bathroom remodel is done (!!), and at work we're getting really good feedback from experts on the review we just completed. Everyone in our circle of awareness is healthy and well, and the bills are paid. OK, we may be stuck in a dreadful, unwinnable war, our health care system is in a total shambles, glaciers are melting at alarming rates, and corporate greed is controlling our domestic and foreign policy. But hey, isn't it still OK to feel some contentment with my small little corner of the world? I'll try to get out and fight the fight tomorrow.

No comments: